Wednesday, September 10, 2008

lazy in Canada

In Brazil I was way more active than here. I used to play handball in my school team, to dance ballet and jazz three times a week. And dancing makes me relax and it was good to be with my friends having fun, but sometimes we had to work very hard to competitions and presentations. But since I arrived in Canada the only exercise that I practice is walk in the city and sometimes run to take the bus (hahaha). In Winnipeg I played soccer for my school team just because I’m Brazilian, although I’m not very good in it. It was just to make friends and have fun with my best Brazilian friend who is a good soccer player. And I used to walk a lot from friends house to my house, especially late at night when there were no buses.
Anyways, here in Vancouver I’m a lazy! I don’t play any sport, rather take the sky train than walk but sometimes I miss exercises because I’m getting fat here, but times & times I don’t have time to do it or there is nothing interesting to do. Here in my free time I go to touristic places and famous streets, go shopping is one of my favorite actives! But to relax I think the best thing is go to the park and have a nice and calm walk, enjoy the nature, maybe eat something under a tree, or read a book are also good ideas. But I love listening to music, so have a great view in a calm place, listening the music that I like is perfect. Go with friends is also fun, but sometimes you need a time to yourself.
I also love going to my host brother’s hockey games because it’s a different sport and I enjoy it, but I cannot play it at all.
In the winter in going ice-skating, skiing and try to snowboard and I’m sure I’m going to hurt a little bit but it will be great!!

No comments: